Friday, September 21, 2007

Texas On My Mind



I’m leaving to go to Texas for the weekend in approximately six hours. Obviously I’m still not packed and I have found many different distractions to occupy my time. I definitely already deemed it necessary to pack no few than six pair of shoes… all equally important if unequally comfortable.
Packing distraction #1: Texas A&M football. Whoop. I would maybe offer more enthusiasm if we had actually won. This was the first game I have gotten to watch all season, and of course it would be the first we lost.

Packing distraction #2: T-t-t-t-t-tasty tasty! We have a calendar of the daily frozen yogurt flavors of our favorite new place, Tasty Delight, and today’s flavors were mint chocolate chip and cake batter. Being female, we obviously went. Each time we pay a visit, we always walk in to find it completely empty and fight our way through a hoard of women by the time we pick our flavor and topping. AV and KR usually stick to the flavor of the day topped in Nilla Wafers…it’s dependable.

Packing distraction #3: Fireworks. Right after sunset, we spotted fireworks over the East River. We’re talking 4th of July-worthy. KR and I even sang a tribute medley including but not limited to God Bless America, America the Beautiful, and Fergie’s hit single Glamorous.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish my brother a happy 21st birthday. We chatted for a while and I got to impart some of my 22-year-old knowledge to him. That’s what I’m here for.

Central Standard Time Zone and Mexican food here I come.

No comments: