Thursday, October 18, 2007

Put It On My Tab





Pictures from top left:
Figure I: Irony at Ikea
Figure II: "Do it yourself"
Figure III: The perfect place for our DVR: in the middle of the hall on the floor.

Remember that time I fell getting off the bus and skinned my knee? Now I have a lovely scab/bruise to show for it… just in time for the bridesmaid’s dress I will be wearing in 48 hours.

I am currently sitting at our new apartment waiting for the delivery guys from Ikea to show up. The time frame they gave me was 11:00am-3:00pm. That’s quite a large frame, especially when it’s just me, three twin beds and an empty refrigerator. We do have the Internet connection set up, and DVR for that matter. There’s no T.V. yet, but maybe one day soon since we are all in desperate need of Giada and Paula. There is only so much you can do in six days, if you catch my drift ($$$$$).

I had two more interviews this week, and actually got calls from many of the other people I have met/corresponded with since I have been in New York. It’s like everyone woke up on Monday and suddenly decided they needed a new assistant. I’m certainly not complaining, but there has been such variety in the jobs I have applied for, that it will be interesting to see which opportunity I am given and where I end up working.

As inferred above, KR, AV and I will be returning to the Texas tonight for our friend JS’s wedding weekend. She will be tying the knot on a ranch in Paris, Texas at what promises to be quite the party, and moving to San Diego (discovered by the Germans). We will get to see family, our friends and I’m pretty sure there is chicken fried steak involved. Since this is my eighth and final wedding of 2007, and since JS is such a dear friend and devoted blog-follower, I’ll be sure to provide full coverage upon my return.

I will also be home to celebrate my mother’s 50th birthday on Sunday, and I will be going on an overnight girl’s trip to the Hill Country with her entourage. My family has had a milestone year: I graduated college, my parents celebrated their 25th anniversary and both turned 50, my brother turned 21, and we moved into a new house. What this really translates to is all of us sitting on the porch, drinking a beer, talking about how old we are and going to bed early. I love it!

Now it’s time to unpack the bags in my room and re-pack for this weekend. I have put it off as long as possible, and the window of delivery time is waning; yet there is still much to be done. I can’t check the overhead compartments for baggage that may have moved during the flight if there is no baggage to begin with, now can I?

"The beginnings of all things are small."
- Cicero

No comments: